For the latest in plant-based news, lifestyle + food
- Clean beauty lives in your pantryI was into plant based skincare before it became cool. There was only one way to replenish and repair your skin and that was relying on home remedies and using ingredients that were part of your daily grocery. Natural plant extracted ingredients work like a charm and would put your other skincare products to shame, I promise you! Try this recipe out and let me know what you think.
- Hug in a bowlHaving grown up in the midst of protein-packed dals (lentils), my appreciation for them grew after I moved to the U.S. A perfect comfort food and packed all the great nutrients, I list all different types dals you should give a go!
- Breakfast with a side of memoriesNo one realises the importance of a well-laid and regular supply of breakfast until you are the one getting up in the morning wondering what to make. When I started handling my kitchen, I preferred eating a brunch directly. I didn’t want to get up and right away prepare something to eat but by the time I could eat my lunch I was extremely hungry. Then one day I randomly made breakfast and cursed my laziness. Now, I look forward to it every day!
- Youth is wasted on the young?Wish I could tell my 20 year old self to not get caught up in the vanity metrics like weight, beauty and the clothes you wear. Wish I could also show her that it gets better. Today i look back on all the insecurities I had and how it affected the way I saw myself. Not anymore though.
- Salad day everydaySalads were my mortal enemy until I figured a way to make it delish for myself. My salad doesn’t have any fancy dressing and it’s pretty low maintenance. Not just that, there are so many different ways to make this salad that you wouldn’t find it boring even if you eat it daily.
- Learn to unlearnHaving been around people who found commenting on a woman’s everything, it was quite normal for me to think, act and speak that may now seem problematic. But the fact is, it always was. This week’s Monday’s with Madhu is about unlearning those experiences.
- Oil massages – the ultimate self-care routineI had a self-care routine even before I knew this term existed. My mother ensured that every weekend I oiled my hair and my scalp was massaged. She used her homemade oil concoction which was infused with curry leaves and coconut oil. A deep scalp massage and a 2-hour wait for the oils to seep
- Eat, feel and repeatOver the last year, I have shared a lot about my culture — the do’s, the don’ts and what I grew up with! It’s been such a treat to relive those memories through what I write. Today is also one such blog wherein I share why Indians at large eat with hands instead of using
- Self-reflect not rejectOne of my friend’s highly suggested watching ‘Younger’. I finally got around to doing it and instantly knew that it was time for another binge session with this one. “Younger” revolves around a story of a 40-year-old separated stay-at-home mom with a teenage daughter. She is finally out of a difficult marriage and looking to get back
- The art of enjoying an extended “me-time”Almost 10 years ago (wow), I couldn’t do without a large group of friends to function normally. I was never really part of the cool group but I did manage to make friends by well pandering. In my defense, it obviously worked and I wasn’t alone. Now, looking back I don’t regret doing what I
Pumpkin + Herb Penne
Amazing, creamy, flavorful pumpkin purée blend to form a comforting and velvety sauce, with a touch of warm paprika and herbs — all made with wholesome ingredients!